tips for students
get the most out of your next visit
PREPARE FOR CLASS
- Stop eating 3 hours before your class. It’s best to practice on an empty stomach.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially if you're taking a hot yoga class.
- Wear clean, stretchy clothing that moves with you. Gym clothes will do the trick.
- You must present proof of vaccination against COVID-19. You are also encouraged to wear masks in class.
- Rental yoga mats and towels are available at the studio; they are complimentary for Members and New Students.
- You may use our communal yoga props or bring your own to class.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Arrive 15 minutes before your class so we can check you in and show you around.
- Parking spots can be hard to find, especially in the mornings. Budget plenty of time if you are driving.
- Public transportation is best. Take the E/F train to Kew Gardens — Union Turnpike.
- Turn off phones or silence them. Take all valuables into the practice room with you.
- Speak softly. Silence is golden.
- If you arrive late, wait until after the Om to join the class.
END OF CLASS
ready to practice with us?
take a free week of yoga classes
If you want to get on the road to radiant health -- to be challenged, get energized and feel inspired -- then you've come to the right place. Because we want you to experience for yourself what makes Living Yoga special, we're offering you the chance to take a week of unlimited classes at our studio for free. If you don't have a yoga mat -- don't worry. You can borrow one of ours!