Tips For Students
Get the most out of your first visit.
If you’ve never done yoga before, or have never been to our studio, it’s natural to feel a little intimidated or have lots of questions about your first class. Don’t worry. You’re going to be awesome, and we’ll be supporting you every step of the way.
Here are some tips that will make your first Living Yoga class experience a great one.
- Practice on an empty stomach. Stop eating 2-3 hours before class.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially ahead of a heated class.
- Wear clean, stretchy clothing that moves with you. Gym clothes will do the trick.
- Bring a yoga mat and towel. If you don’t have these items, you can rent them at the studio. (They are free for New Student pass holders and Members.)
- Bring any yoga props you might need. We also have communal blocks, straps and blankets available at the studio.
- Bring proof of vaccination against COVID-19. The New York City health department requires this.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you must wear a mask inside the studio.
- Arrive 15 minutes before class so you have time to present your proof of COVID-19 vaccination, get checked in for class, and explore the studio.
- Use public transportation. Our studio is steps away from the Kew Gardens – Union Turnpike stop on the E/F line.
- Parking spots can be hard to find, especially in the mornings. If you are driving, please budget plenty of time.
- Speak softly. Silence is golden.
- Turn off phones or silence them. Take all valuables into the practice room with you.
- If you are late, don’t enter the room until the opening Om is completed.